e enjte, 14 qershor 2007

E-mail from Randy Osborne

Steven,

I think of Larry often. We were fairly close in Viet Nam although he wasn't with us too long. I had just returned form R&R and I was to be on point that day but Larry stepped up and volunteered. In many ways I feel he saved my life. I was very experienced at point and he was a "new guy". ( I think that was his first time on point.) We walked head on into an ambush. Larry was hit and killed instantly . I was 3 or 4 men away. We were in Kham Duc at the time. Thick jungle near the Cambodian border. I've often wondered about his family and had hoped to be in contact with them some day. I keep a rubbing of Larry's name, off the Viet Nam Wall, on a picture behind my desk. Feel free to give my E-Mail address to any family member. I hope this reaches you in time. I didn't open my mail until 6:00 pm sunday. Sorry I can't get a picture to you. not enough time.

Randy

Nuk ka komente: